Diffstat (limited to 'doc/guides/rel_notes/deprecation.rst')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 12 deletions
diff --git a/doc/guides/rel_notes/deprecation.rst b/doc/guides/rel_notes/deprecation.rst
index 7da649c..4b328a5 100644
@@ -56,18 +56,6 @@ Deprecation Notices
Target release for removal of the legacy API will be defined once most
PMDs have switched to rte_flow.
-* ethdev: Maximum and minimum MTU values vary between hardware devices. In
- hardware agnostic DPDK applications access to such information would allow
- a more accurate way of validating and setting supported MTU values on a per
- device basis rather than using a defined default for all devices. To
- resolve this, the following members will be added to ``rte_eth_dev_info``.
- Note: these can be added to fit a hole in the existing structure for amd64
- but not for 32-bit, as such ABI change will occur as size of the structure
- will increase.
- - Member ``uint16_t min_mtu`` the minimum MTU allowed.
- - Member ``uint16_t max_mtu`` the maximum MTU allowed.
* kni: remove KNI ethtool support. To clarify, this is not to remove the KNI,
but only to remove ethtool support of it that is disabled by default and
can be enabled via ``CONFIG_RTE_KNI_KMOD_ETHTOOL`` config option.