|author||Matan Azrad <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2019-07-29 11:53:25 +0000|
|committer||Ferruh Yigit <email@example.com>||2019-07-29 16:54:27 +0200|
net/mlx5: allow LRO in regular Rx queue
LRO support was only for MPRQ, hence mprq Rx burst was selected when LRO was configured in the port. The current support for MPRQ is suffering from bad memory utilization since an external mempool is allocated by the PMD for the packets data in addition to the user mempool, besides that, the user may get packet data addresses which were not configured by him. Even though MPRQ has the best performance for packet receiving in the most cases and because of the above facts it is better to remove the automatic MPRQ select when LRO is configured. Move MPRQ to be selected only when the user force it by the PMD arguments including LRO case. Allow LRO offload using the regular RQ with the regular Rx burst function. Signed-off-by: Matan Azrad <firstname.lastname@example.org> Acked-by: Viacheslav Ovsiienko <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/net/mlx5/mlx5_ethdev.c')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/net/mlx5/mlx5_ethdev.c b/drivers/net/mlx5/mlx5_ethdev.c
index e627909..9d11831 100644
@@ -433,12 +433,6 @@ mlx5_dev_configure(struct rte_eth_dev *dev)
dev->data->port_id, priv->rxqs_n, rxqs_n);
priv->rxqs_n = rxqs_n;
- * WHen using LRO, MPRQ is implicitly enabled.
- * Adjust threshold value to ensure MPRQ can be enabled.
- if (lro_on && priv->config.mprq.min_rxqs_num > priv->rxqs_n)
- priv->config.mprq.min_rxqs_num = priv->rxqs_n;
* If the requested number of RX queues is not a power of two,
* use the maximum indirection table size for better balancing.
* The result is always rounded to the next power of two.